Apps for Good has over 220 education partners spread across the UK – from Wick High School in Caithness, Scotland, to Cape Cornwall School, in St Just, Penzance, the most south-westerly secondary school in the UK.
As a former head teacher, I am delighted to work with schools that are dedicated to bringing creative learning programmes to their students and using technology to develop more exciting ways for students to learn. I also know that the best support for schools comes from other schools giving advice and sharing best practice.
That’s why I am delighted to announce our 2013/2014 Ninja Education Partners: 12 outstanding Apps for Good schools that we’ve appointed to help us grow the Apps for Good movement, support our existing education partners and build regional networks.
The 2013/2014 Ninja Education Partners are:
|Ninja Education Partner||Region||Specialty|
|Ballyclare High School||Northern Ireland||Northern Ireland Delivery|
|Bolton St Catherine’s Academy||North West||Year 8 Delivery|
|Dr Challoner’s Grammar School||South East||Coding|
|Gladesmore Community School||London||Launching AFG effectively|
|Mount Grace School||East of England||Competition Preparation|
|Redden Court School||East of England||International School Links|
|Shireland Collegiate Academy||West Midlands||Enrichment Day Delivery|
|The Heath School||North West||Year 9 Delivery|
|Thornleigh Salesian College||North West||Year 7 Delivery|
|Westfields Junior School||South East||Primary School Delivery|
|Wick High School||Scotland||Scotland Delivery|
|Wildern School||South East||Extracurricular/Club Delivery|
It’s been an exciting year so far working with our Ninja Schools, with more to come:
- Westfields Junior School wrote this blog post sharing their tips for running Apps for Good
- Chris Aitken, Teacher of Computing Science at Wick High School, won the TalkTalk Digital Heroes Award for Scotland for his work with Apps for Good
- Stuart Keen, ICT Teacher at Dr Challoner’s High School, hosted a workshop at Google’s London HQ for Google’s Bring Your Child to Work Day
- Students and teachers from Dr Challoner’s High School, Gladesmore School and Highgate School joined Vince Cable and Facebook engineers at Facebook’s London HQ as part of Tomorrow’s Engineers Week
- In February 2014, we are sending students and teachers to the Mobile World Conference, the world’s largest mobile conference in Barcelona, Spain
The Ninja Schools are keen to support the Apps for Good educator community via email, blogs and webinars. If you have a topic or issue you’d like to know more about or want to speak with any of the Ninja Education Partners for advice or support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get the ball rolling for you.
If you are wondering who the cute kid is at the top of the page…it’s Natalie our Education Community Manager (in her younger days)!
Debbie Forster, UK Managing Director, Apps for Good