As many of you know, we have had to cancel our annual in person Awards event this year due to COVID-19. Though this is a challenging time for everyone, we still believe it’s important to celebrate the hard work of our students. In line with the launch of our new home study courses, we have decided to run the Awards virtually. For the first time ever, we will welcome entries from individual students as well as student teams from all around the world.
Who can enter?
The situation this year is unique, so we are keen to celebrate as many young people as possible. If you fall into one of the categories below, then please enter your problem solving products:
- An individual student who has taken our Home Study courses
- A student team who has taken one of our courses at school
- An international student who has taken part in one of our courses at home or at school (note that these entries must be submitted in English)
How does it work?
- Students complete our entry form
- Entries will then be reviewed by our industry shortlisters
- Finalists will then prepare a video pitch to send to our panel of Dragons
- Finalists will also have the chance to campaign for votes in our People’s Choice Award
- Judges will select the winners who will each receive a trophy, some Apps for Good merchandise and have the opportunity to take part in an online session with some industry Experts
- All entrants will receive a printable certificate and detailed feedback from our industry shortlisters
Due to the fact that schools and colleges have been severely affected during this time, we have decided to extend our deadline for entries These are the important dates to make note of:
Deadline – Monday 18th May 2020
Finalist will be informed – 3rd June 2020
Winners will be announced – Friday 26th June 2020.
Watch this space for more information on the finalists and how you can vote for your favourite team in our People’s Choice Award. If you have any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org